Today, as with every day, I am incredibly thankful to be alive and well. I’m thankful for all of the love in my life, there are a lot of people out there who don’t have a life filled with love the way I do. I strive not to take it for granted. I’m thankful for my loving pets and that I make enough money to support and care for them. I’m thankful for my family and friends, for Mitchel and our healthy & happy home. I’m thankful for working a job that I love, and that I’m good at, that provides for me. I’m especially thankful for Christ and the sacrifice he made for us all. I’m thankful for God’s mercy and His grace.
And lastly, I’m thankful for all of you. Everyone who takes the time to read even one measly sentence on this blog of mine. I’m very lucky to live in an age where getting your writing out there to be read is easy to do. I write because somebody out there reads it and you all make me feel blessed, like I matter, and I want you all to know that you matter to me, too! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving and I hope your bellies are full and your cheeks are sore from smiling. =)
This year I am most thankful for my dad being home for the holidays! It has been 2-3 years since he’s been home. Most of the time he’s in Afghanistan fighting the good fight! We are so lucky to have today with my father! We are all so proud of him for what he does everyday! He is a great man and a great leader in Christ! And he is who I am most thankful for this year! I love you, dad!
I hope everyone celebrating today has a fantastic day filled with family, love, and happiness! You are all in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season!
Happy Thanksgiving, Norman Rockwell-style!
I hope you all have a fantastic holiday with your loved ones! I’ll be spending today with my family and the rest of the holiday weekend with Mitchel’s family! I truly hope you have many things to be grateful for this year! <3
1. I am thankful for my family. My family is much closer than most and I am so grateful for that. We are a family of best friends!
2. My health. Not everyone can say that and I never stop being appreciative for being blessed with very little health issues.
3. Mitchel. What in the world would I be doing right now if he wasn’t a part of my life? Sometimes we know each other far better than we should, and I adore that about us.
4. My job. In a time where good jobs are hard to come by, this girl with a BA in Theatre & Drama is thankful to have one of the good ones. Even if I dislike it at times, I am appreciative of being able to have a job to dislike in the first place!
5. My ladies in Hawaii. Girlfriends until the end. What is it about us 4 that we’ve never stopped being friends? I am so very blessed to have 3 sisters like you in my daily life. You help me survive. I love you all so much.
6. I am thankful for this opportunity to blog and get my writing juices flowing. I was feeling so stale with my writing and it’s really helped me to open up and keep being creative.
7. A working vehicle. I know this list is starting to sound like a list of THINGS I am thankful for, but really I’m just stating how blessed I feel to have all of these conveniences that other’s do not have.
8. I feel incredibly thankful for being an American citizen. I know our country has a lot of problems, but I’m grateful for the freedoms I enjoy here in the US. I’m also grateful for all of the people fighting to change things and make the United States a better place to live.
9. Starbucks Hot Chocolate. It’s a special treat when I get to stop by Starbucks on my way in to work, one I’m very grateful for as it gets colder and colder around here.
10. My furbabies. =] I am so thankful for all of their cuddles and kisses and love.
11. I am thankful for all of my work friends, including but not limited to: Lynn, Robin, Chris [& Ashlee and the girls], Julius, Rohan, Steve, Joel, Annette, etc]. They make work survivable.
12. Socks. Clean, white, padded socks. I adore them. I wear them to bed. They make my life happy and snuggly.
13. My Uncle Dana & how close we’ve become this past year. I can’t believe how much we have in common and it sounds weird, but it feels like we’re so much more of a family lately!
14. Harry Potter. I can’t believe how much this one book series has completely changed and molded my life and personality. JK Rowling will never fully understand the impact her books have had on so many lives.
15. My apartment. That has heat. And tons of space for me and my cats and dog.
16. Every. Single. Veteran. SO VERY THANKFUL FOR YOU ALL!
17. Monroe County Civic Theatre. They let me in and cast me in my first lead role. I feel like I’ve really grown as an actor with them… I feel thankful for all the theatrical opportunities they’ve led me to!
18. ANYTHING FLEECE!! Did I mention that I love feeling cozy?! This blanket is my absolute favorite.
19. Artists of all sorts that inspire me on a daily basis. I can see something someone else has come up with and take the idea in 5 different directions allowing my own creativity to shine through.
20. My Aunt Donna, Uncle Chris, and cousin Kristen. Kristen has Cerebral Palsy and she is still the happiest person I’ve ever met. I don’t know who I’d be without these three… they’ve all taught me so much.
21. My Christianity. And everything that it has done for me in my life. God is so all encompassing and Jesus Christ has turned my life upside down in an AMAZING way.
22. Warm sweaters, warm coats, warm gloves, warm scarves.
23. Jen [from JenRaytion Creation] and her boyfriend Soto. It’s become more and more apparent to me just how much I’m going to miss their presence in my everyday life when they move in January. I’m grateful for this next month of adventures with them!
24. Thrift stores with old jazzy records. I can support a great cause and add to my record collection? Yes please!
25. Having healthy breast tissue and being able and strong enough to donate it to the IU Simon Health’s Susan G. Komen Tissue Bank of Indianapolis. Although it was a difficult and nerve-inducing process, it is the best I’ve felt in YEARS being willing and able to help such a worthy cause. The other donator’s were completely inspiring; everyone had an incredible story to share.
26. Tattoos and the artists behind them. Body mods are beautiful, and to me, what better way to honor your body than to turn it into a work of art?
27. Mitch & Sarah Adventures!!!! =] They are my absolute favorite thing and I don’t know how we’ll keep them up during the winter, but don’t you worry, world… we’ll keep ‘em coming!
28. Hugs. What would the world be without them? I don’t want to know.
29. My brother moving home. It’s been such a blessing to spend more and more time with him!
30. All of you who read my pointless musings and leave comments and make me feel like I can actually write and make a career out of this someday. You guys are my inspiration.