Inspired by Amy Morby’s post on Star Wars, I decided to write my own:
1. OWLS!!!! Owls, owls, owls. So corny. But I want a pet owl. A pet owl that delivers my letters for me and affectionately nips at my fingers. =)
2. Quidditch. Best. Sport. Ever. I’d love to lounge in the fall weather and cheer on my fellow Gryffindors [I got sorted on Pottermore] as we rage broomed battle on the other houses. All while trying to catch the Snitch and end the game. Also, wouldn’t hot cocoa be great at a game?
3. Butterbeer. I had some butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was the best tasting beverage OF ALL TIME! It was like cream soda mixed with root beer… so delish!
This may sounds super nerdy I know it’s super nerdy, but I would really love my very own wand. I think the whole process of the wand picking you is pretty whimsical and I wonder which wand would pick me and what spells I’d be best at.
5. Classes. Even Herbology would be much more interesting than any sort of class I took in highschool. I think Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts would be my best courses. Just sayin’.
6. Hagrid. He’s super kind and he always has Harry’s back. He’s such a strong support system. And he’d take you on all sorts of adventures in the Dark Forest. I’d be up for that. Minus the spiders of course. Why couldn’t he say follow the butterflies?
7. Hogwarts. The school has great classes AND hidden passageways!? The staircases switch depending on the day, too! At first, I was freaked out by that notion, but the older I get the more exciting the idea is of having to take a new path every day.
8. Weasley’s Wizards Wheezes. I’d love to visit the twin’s joke shop! They certainly brought laughs throughout the novels with their antics, and I’d like to be up to no good myself.
9. The Marauder’s Map. Oh, the Hogwarts crew: Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs… those notorious troublemakers and their magnificent map. I would like to manage some mischief on the Hogwarts grounds and this map is just the trick. Well, that and the…
10. Invisibility Cloak. So much awesomeness in one teeny bit of magical cloth. Throughout the novels, this was such an important connection between Harry and his father James. Only in the 7th novel do we learn it’s exceptional history and powers. Either way, how cool!! So cool that scientists are working on their very own invisibility cloak. I kid you not!!
*For you Muggles out there that haven’t read the books, there’s a pretty substantial amount of information on this site.