Can beloved be made into a plural? Well I just did it, so I hope so…
Liebster is a German word that literally translates to
“dearest”, “favorite”, and “beloved”.
Being nominated for this blogger award was near-and-dear to my heart… it’s always nice to be recognized for your work, even if it’s just my silly little blog. My blog means something to me and the fact that it means something to ANYONE else is exciting all on it’s own, but the fact that it was Nami who noticed my blog and called it out… that’s just another excitement all together!
If you haven’t checked out Nami’s bloggity blog… you should. Not to give her too big of an ego or anything, but she is everything I wish I could be. She’s fashionable, classy, looks like a model, has a pretty amazing sense of humor, and the sweetest little pup named Merlin! She is a life enthusiast in all senses of the word.
What comes next?
Here are the rules for when you’re nominated…
- Shout out the person who tagged you
- Post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the tagger set for you
- Choose 11 bloggers to nominate for Leibster awards and link them to this post (or as many as you can come up with)
- The 11 bloggers you choose must have low follower numbers (think under 200 followers or around there)
- Create 11 questions for the 11 bloggers to answer in their Leibster Award posts
- Go to their blogs & alert them that you’ve nominated them
- You cannot tag the blogger who has tagged you
Wowie! Where do we even begin…
- When I’m anxious I bite my lip. Especially while sleeping!!
- I write for a living. It’s technical writing, but that still counts for something!
- In college I majored in Theatre and Drama with a minor in English.
- I am on book 70 [going from 100 to 1] on the Modern Library’s Top 100 Novels.
- I have been out of college for 5 years [as of August this year].
- Lately I have been working on losing some of the “happy weight” I’ve put on since Mitch & I started dating! A YMCA membership and watching my eating habits.
- I rarely wear makeup or paint my nails, I’ve got no patience for the time it takes to be “put together”.
- I wear blue jeans every day of my life.
- I get overly attached to characters in books, tv shows, and films.
- I have been diagnosed with OCD and it affects me in all kinds of ways, though rarely does it mean I “clean a lot” [which is a common misconception about OCD]. Right now it means I am obsessed with eating Chipotle [which sounds funny, but when your mind obsessively desires one thing it can get kind of tiring for your loved ones].
- I love tattoos. I love getting them. I love looking at them. I love seeing what is important to other people written all over their bodies. It’s how I express myself and I’m turning my body into a work of art. BUT, this does not mean that I’m hardcore or scary or unapproachable!
- Holy smokes! The apocalypse is here! You’re at home & can only take what you can carry. What do you grab?
I grab my beloved fur babies and a toothbrush. Is my OCD showing? =P
- If you could re-experience one moment from your past, whether it’s because you just loved it or you wanted to change the outcome, what would it be and why?
Wow. Good question. I think last New Years. Mitch and I had a romantic NYE on a cruise ship circling Cincinnati. It was so wonderful!
- If you could name one thing about yourself that you think is great, what would it be? (Don’t be shy!)
My smile. I’m oddly proud of my smile.
- What is your spirit animal?
Probably something dull, like a house cat. I love naps and hanging out at home reading/watching Netflix.
- What is your dream occupation?
Published writer or working actress. I dream big.
- If you could change your first name, would you? What would you change it to? (Assuming no one would think it’s strange & life would go on as if nothing had happened…let’s pretend all legal documentation magically changes without any hardship.)
I don’t really love my name, but I would never change it. My parents picked it for me and it’s something I will always hold dear.
- If you had to paint your entire living space with different shades of the same color, what color would you choose?
Grey!! It’s comfy and cozy & lots of things go with grey.
- If you could have a teleportation device that connects your current location to one specific location, what would that location be and why?
HAWAII!!! Because I grew up there and I love it. It’s my supreme happy place!
- You get a letter in the mail from 90-year-old you. She/He tells you 3 amazing things you’ve accomplished. What are those 3 things?
That I’ve had beautiful and kind children, that my husband and I have been married 50 years, and that I’ve changed someone’s life for the better.
- Would you rather have no elbows or no knees?
LOL. Both would be a bit of an adjustment. I guess no knees, bc writing would be much harder without elbows!
- What is your proudest accomplishment as a blogger thus far?
Honestly, when an acquaintance-friend came up to me recently and told me that she really enjoyed my writing and my blog. That she thought it came off intelligent, humorous, and fun. It was the biggest compliment I’ve received thus far!!
11 Blogs/Bloggers I Nominate for the Liebster Award
- Punky & the City
- Miss Marie Louise
- Live, Love, Random
- Rawr Creatures
- Brighter Sides
- What is your most favorite family tradition and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What is your favorite past adventure?
- Favorite ice cream flavor?
- What celebrity would you be besties with?
- If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- What is your favorite novel?
- If you could live in a tv show, which show would it be?
- If your house was burning down and you could only grab a few items, what would you grab? [Assuming your loved ones are already out of the house].
- What is your favorite smell?
- If the Doctor [Doctor Who] came to your door and asked you where you would like to go and the whole of time and space was before you [past & present], where would you go first?
And that, my friends, is all she wrote…